background

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Waiting for you

Madeline's Nursery!

We finally got our induction date, which will be this coming friday 1.20.2011 at 7:30 pm. Matt & I will walk (well I will waddle) as a family of two and we will leave a few days later as a family of THREE! It still hasn't really sunk in that in just 3 days that we will be parents for the first time. I can't wait to hold you baby girl! Tomorrow we have an apt with the OBGYN to see how far I have dilated, and to talk about if friday night is when I actually get induced or if it will be saturday morning. Also this week we are getting our maternity photos done by her grandpa!! Can't wait to share those with you guys! Today I was thinking that I wanted to write her a letter expressing my thoughts and feeling of becoming a mother, hoping that on her college graduation day or at her wedding that she will read it and look back at what her and I have been through. Every year for her birthday I plan on writing one as well.

Dear Madeline Grace,

Seems just like yesterday it was May 16, 2011 when I woke up just like any other day not knowing that today would be the day that our lives would forever be changed. I never had pregnancy symptoms or a missed period, I just had a gut feeling so I went and took a pregnancy test. Lets just say it was the longest three minutes of my life waiting to see if there would be a line and + sign. I was in complete shock, I stared down at the test and all these thoughts started racing through my mind. In 9 months I would become a mother and Matt would become a father, we were both excited but also scared. I sent a picture of the test to your father because he was at work, and well the rest is history. He was in shock to say the least but so excited. Although you weren't exactly planned, your dad and I had already had the talk that we were going to get married soon and start a family. It just happened a little sooner than planned. We wouldn't go back and change anything even if we could. We soon got engaged and your father picked out the most beautiful engagement ring that I have ever seen. We then started planning the wedding and your father gave us a Marc Jacobs baby bag! I was so shocked, he even had your name monogramed on it! He got a ton of points for that present! I remember the first time that we saw you on the ultra sound machine, we called your our little peanut! My pregnancy with you was easy, with a few minor bumps in the road but still I wouldn't change a thing. I loved being pregnant. Every night your dad would put his hand on my belly and talk to you, he would let you know how much he loves you and that he just couldn't wait to meet you! Now the time comes where we will be welcoming you into the world, Its a bittersweet moment. I can't wait to hold you in my arms but never again will ever get the chance to feel your little kicks from the inside. I love you baby girl! Can't wait to meet you this weekend!

Love, Mommy

Xo Matt & Ashlie


No comments:

Post a Comment