background

Monday, April 30, 2012

Counting our Blessings



With March for Babies Walk only a week away, I have been counting our blessing and how bringing Madeline into this world was fairly easy. I was watching Giuliana & Bill a show on TV and their journey of going through several treatments of IVF, fighting breast cancer and now finally they will become parents through Gestational Surrogacy. I have to say I didn't know the difference between what Surrogacy and Gestational Surrogacy was until now. Gestational Surrogacy is an arrangement between the intended parents of the child and the woman who agrees to carry the embryo(s) made from the egg(s)  and sperm of the intended parents. The surrogate carries the child to term and is the host but is not related to child in any way. Before becoming pregnant myself or before I even thought about the process of becoming a mother I always thought it would be easy, that it would be no problem for myself to get pregnant and to carry a picture perfect baby to full term. Our dear friends the Bischoff's have opened my eyes to the struggle that many families go through to not only get pregnant in the first place but to carry the baby to full term with no issues. With both her children having special needs and having lost one of their daughters at 27 weeks I will continue to count the blessings that I have. Their 2 children are fighters and are doing so amazing, but thats not without weekly therapy and doctor appointments and countless surgeries.  

Remember to not take for granted what you have, because someone out there is struggling with something you consider easy. Here is a link to our March of Dimes Facebook Page, Please Donate if you can. 

http://www.marchforbabies.org/s_team_page.asp?seid=1775905

Xo, Matt, Ashlie & Madeline 

No comments:

Post a Comment