background

Monday, June 25, 2012

Parenting theres no right way





3 Days after I had Madeline 189 lbs. I'm now down to 154

Being a nanny people always told me that since I've always been around children that parenting should be a breeze I should already know what to do since I've had years of experience. As far as keeping her on schedule and developmentally sure I know where she should be, but truthfully this parenting thing is a whole new ball game for me, and for matt as well. Over the last 5 months we have been blessed with a fairly easy baby, she's always smiling always happy and only cries when something is wrong. Matt & I have adjusted pretty well to communicating with each other on what we think is right for her which is great. As I sit here in bed while Madeline is soundly asleep in her crib taking her morning nap, I am thinking of how I can become a better person, mom and wife. I'm home sick today with a minor sinus infection as well. Honestly I could of gone to work today but sometimes its better for everyone if you just take a personal day to breathe. In my journey to become a better person I have set numerous personal goals, such as lose weight so I not only am as healthy as I can be but also so I can feel better about myself, go back to school to finish my degree, and to get our finances in order. I have lost over 35 lbs and I feel a lot better than I did when I started this weight loss journey but I don't feel satisfied with it so the journey continues until I can be at the healthy weight where I love to try on jeans. Every woman knows that trying on jeans isn't a fun task. Physicians Weight loss has been my key to success I would recommend it to anyone out there. As far as becoming a better mom I read this quote by Gwyneth Paltrow and realized we all have bad days its the story of life.  “When I’m tired, when my chips are down – that’s when I don’t parent the way that I want to parent. I can get impatient and at the end of my rope…. And I hate that and I hate feeling out of control, even if I’m just saying, “That’s enough!” Like, I can’t deal. It’s not the way that I would aspire to be. But then I think, I do really believe that part of our job is to equip them for the world. And we can’t make everything okay for them, we can’t take away all of their suffering. It’s not good for them. They need to be able to know that people lose their tempers and people have bad days and it doesn’t mean that you don’t love them, it doesn’t mean anything. It’s just that we’re all human. But of course I beat myself up endlessly when [I do get impatient].






                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment